Thursday, March 08, 2007

I miss my blog!

It was this cool thing I used to do ... train for triathlons and write about it online. It's been awhile, and I even cheated on this blog with another one, but I want to come back.

Although I haven't been blogging, I have actually been working out. I bought some personal training sessions in late December, and I have been going 1-2 times per week to work out with my trainer Christine. Been trying to do cardio - running, rowing, biking or ellyptical - at least 2 times on top of the strength-building training sessions. I haven't been swimming in ages.

I really like working with a personal trainer. I have definitely struggled with motivation, and having an appointment and spending money on it makes me actually go to the gym. Plus, she has me do things I would never do myself. Much more focus on strength and also balance. I can't tell you how many exercises I do while standing on one leg, or on the ball, etc.

And I have definitely been seeing results! Although I still haven't lost any pounds (why!? why?!), I have definitely gained muscle and lost fat. I've lost a solid 1.5 inches from the waist. So I can't complain. I've got a swimsuit-required vacation coming up in mid April, so I'd planning to ramp up the cardio in hopes of budging the scale and looking good in my bikini.

That's it for now, but I did just spend some time fixing my links on the page and such. Enough blogging time for one day. Plan to be back tomorrow!

1 comment:

Spandex King said...

welcome back