Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Back in the gym

FINALLY, I got back in the gym last night. I just wanted to squeeze in a quickie workout, to prove I could get it done in a short amount of time.

30 minutes on the ellyptical. I left work at 5:30, hit the gym and still made the 6:30 train. Then I did a brisk walk from the station home. Home by 8:30. Not too bad.

So that's was pretty lame, but I needed to take that baby step. Husband is playing poker (a new tradition) tonight with friends, so I'm going back tonight. Not sure if I will run or do some weights. Crawling slowly out of the abyss of slothdom . . .

I have a RACE this weekend. I blew off the last couple I was planning, but not this time. It's a 4-miler, a distance I have done several times on the same course in Central Park. So, even though I haven't been doing any running lately, I plan to at least try to meet or beat my previous times, which are:

  • December 3, 2005 - 3:26 (10:51 Pace)
  • April 24, 2005 - 42:58 (10:44 pace)
  • February 26, 2005 - 43:36 (10:54 pace)

The forecast calls for highs in the upper 30s and snow showers. This should be interesting!

3 comments:

:) said...

Good luck!

Nancy Toby said...

Good luck on the race! I'm sure Central Park will be beautiful in snow!

Cliff said...

Good luck.