Tuesday, February 28, 2006

More races

Hey, I signed up for some more races!

  • March 5th - Coogan's Salsa, Blues and Shamrocks 5K. This one sounds really fun. It is WAY uptown in Fort Tryon Park, and there are bands and music on the route. Maybe this will motivate a PR? Time to beat is 32:20.
  • March 12th - Pfizer Oncology Colon Cancer 4-Mile. Catchy name, huh? 4 mile time to beat is 42:58.
  • April 2nd - Scotland Run 10K. Time to beat is 1:14:51
  • April 9th - Thomas G. Labrecque Classic 4-Mile. Another 4 mile PR opportunity.
Now that I've done many distances at least once, I want to see some improvement. I am obsessed with more personal records!

Back in December, I was aiming for an April marathon. Since I haven't done any training, that just isn't going to happen. But the shorter races are fun and require less training. And maybe they'll make me faster!

2 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

That race schedule looks great! Just don't get too hung up on PRs - they only come when the planets are aligned and the Race Gods bestow them. Set some additional goals, perhaps?

DebbieJRT said...

I just found your blog through TriGeekDreams. I'm going to be at the Pfizer race, as well. Hope you have a good one!