Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Final Solution

This doesn't have to do with triathlons . . . well, actually it kinda does.

I have somewhat sensitive skin. I tend to get a little razor burn in the summer, especally when it's hot out. Last summer, with the the addition of neoprene, salt water, and additional sweating, this was a constant annoyance. Waxing is better than shaving, but that isn't perfect either.

Which brings us to the the final solution: ELECTROLYSIS. Yup, I bit the bullet, and got the armpits done last week. You are dying to know all about it, I can tell. Here's what I think you want to know:

- Did it hurt? Yes. It felt like, oh I don't know, someone sticking a tiny needle into each individual pore and delivering an electric shock. Yes, it hurts. I think that it doesn't actually hurt anymore than waxing, but the pain is much more prolonged. Which leads to . . .

- How long did it take? Way longer than I expected. 1.5 hours for 1 lousy armpit. Waxing hurts too, but at least it's over quickly!

- Was it expensive? Yes. I can't tell you anymore, because Husband reads this blog.

But here's the good thing . . . it's permanent! It's been over a week, and nothing has grown back! I have to go back to kill a few minor stragglers, but that's it.

Ladies, I think you know where I'm going next. Nothing too drastic, but summer is just around the corner. Bring on the beach!

I feel a little shallow. Trust me, I am not the type to go for plastic surgery or anything like that. But my hairless armpits are freaking awesome!

PS. Maybe this is a little too much information. I'm just keepin it real, people.

1 comment:

:) said...

Congrats! I'm all for hairless armpits on women!!! :)