Sunday, March 12, 2006

Race Report: Another 4 Miler

This morning, I was up and at'em in the Pfizer Oncology Colon Cancer Challenge. After a beautiful day yesterday, it was grey and nippy this morning. But I got up. I had my "summer runner's breakfast" of almond butter on whole wheat toast - yum. "Winter runners breakfast" is usually oatmeal.

It's pouring out now, but there was a constant drizzle during the race. I picked up my number and made it to the start about 30 seconds before the horn.

So, I think I PR's! The dang results aren't posted yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I defintely came within a minute. The clock wasn't working at the start of the race .. hope this doesn't mean results are lost!

This was my fifth 4 mile race in Central Park. The course is usually pretty much the same - there is a 4 mile inner loop, but the starting point sometimes changes. I like today's route best, because we start around 72nd St, instead of 110th.

Still waiting for results to be posted! Here are my comparables:

  • February 25, 2006: Time = 43:34, Pace = 10:53
  • December 3, 2005: Time = 43:26, Pace = 10:51
  • April 24, 2005: Time = 42:58, Pace = 10:44
  • February 26, 2005: Time = 43:36, Pace = 10:54

Will update soon!

UPDATE: Sunday afternoon

Hey, 42:06! I did beat my previous time, by 52 seconds! Pace was 10:31. Very pleased!

3 comments:

DebbieJRT said...

Congrats! I PR'd in the race, as well. It was a great day for running, even if it was raining a bit.

Nancy Toby said...

Way to go, girl!! Well done!!

TriDaddy said...

Congrats on the PR! It's pure torture when you know you're close and have to wait for the official results!