Thursday, June 16, 2005

Random Thoughts

So, I was going to post a picture, but I can't figure out how to do it, even after downloading the blogspot/hello software. Oh well, another day.

I am kind of addicted to reading other people's training blogs; that's why I started my own. I think one of the reasons people do it is so they can talk about this stuff without annoying the heck out of their significant other. Husband (can't think of a more creative alias) is actually very knowledgable about this stuff and incredibly supportive, but gets a little sick of it after a while. I just could not shut up about the marathon yesterday.

He teases that he will start his own blog about my training called the REAL trifit, with entries like, "Skipped workout, ate cookies and fell asleep on couch, covered in cats." OK, so that has been known to happen from time to time.

OK, so back to constructive training thoughts. 2 things:
  • I didn't run the four miles I planned to yesterday. I got a weird cramp in my foot like I do sometimes when swimming, so I walked it off and did some extra stretching. In general, I think I need to do a LOT more stretching, as sometimes I feel like my feet and calves are turning into concrete blocks. Maybe I'll find a yoga class I like and do that once a week. (in addition to stretching before and after workouts, of course).
  • I think (and Husband agrees) that the reason I run so slowly is that I take short strides. This is a result of mostly running on the treadmill, so I read. So I will focus on longer strides on my next run.

Swim class tonight. Only 2 more, then a break before next session starts.

No comments: