Friday, October 07, 2005

big ideas

Husband and I had a nice bike ride last night. We left around 5:30 and went around 20 miles, up to a overlook with a great view, along the flats, and back. It started getting misty on the way back, and was getting dark and foggy earlier than usual. I don't know about you, but this makes me nervous on a bike, as cars aren't really looking out for bikers anyway. As a result, I pedalled my heart out and got us home in record time.

I was hoping to run "long" tomorrow morning, but I checked the forecast, and it's supposed to pour. A little sprinkle wouldn't kill me, but it looks like a decent-sized storm. Sigh. I am long-run-deficient with the marathon coming up. We need to head back home to the city anyway.

On Sunday I start a whirlwind of travel to let's see, 4 countries in 4 days. So it's going difficult to exercise, much less blog. But, I plan to persevere. We'll see how it goes. I'm fighting a cold, and sleep is very important to me. But, hotels do have gyms these days, and I am usually somewhat successful at working out when I travel.

So, here are some big ideas:
  • Total Immersion workshop. I am totally psyched about this. Full report in November.
  • Various real estate scenarios. Husband and I toy with a new one every week.
  • Cycling tour of Tuscany in the spring. Sounds pretty awesome, right? Did a little research, and it sounds right up my alley. Cycle 30-75 miles per day, eat great food and drink chianti at night. Husband is totally into it.
  • Trip to California for Christmas/New Year's. Can't really claim this as my idea, but I think it's going to be a blast. Planning to drive down the coast -- one of those things I've always wanted to do.
  • Joining a runners club. After the marathon. Have found a few I am considering.
  • Joining a triathlete club. Yep, there is one of those too.
  • Ironman Florida 2006. Yes, I said it. And I am toying with it. My biggest concern is finding the time to train.

2 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

woo wooo IMFL!!!!!!???!!!

Cliff said...

Cycling and wine. Sounds like heaven to me :)