Wednesday, October 05, 2005

seasons change



I love the changing of the seasons. On Monday I went for a nice long run in Camp Hero park. I haven't run there for at least a month, because I've been trying to practice on the Mightyman course, or "going long" in the opposite direction. But it's one of my favorite places.

I took it slow and jogged around the sights in the park - the bluff overlook, the radar tower, the old barracks, and of course, the lighthouse. There were at least 100 fishing boats just offshore. I like cruising around the dirt roads and a few narrow trails. With the exception of fisherman coming and going, the park was almost empty. I like the crunching noise of the leaves, although we don't have full fall colors yet.

It's a cool place. Many strange experiences have been reported here. Check it out here.

1 comment:

Nancy Toby said...

About your pace group question, I have not, mainly because I'm too slow for most of the pace groups they usually offer. If they have one at my target pace at NY (which I'll only know my target pace after Baltimore), I'll look for it, but they may be hard to find in 40,000 people! They would be helpful if they were close to my pace!