Sunday, November 20, 2005

Clueless

Sunday morning. Puttering around the house in my pajamas. Hmmm . . . am I forgetting something?

Why yes, I was supposed to run a RACE this morning. Four miles in Central Park. No big whup. Completely, totally forgot all about it. Never picked up my number. Was up at 7 this morning. Had I been checked my email, blog, etc. earlier, I could have figured this out earlier and easily made it for the 10:00 race. Registered and paid for it a month ago. Hello?!?

Damn it, damn it, damn it. If I did four more NYRR races this year, I would have automatically had a spot in the 2006 marathon. I was planning to do this one, plus 3 in December. Damn!

Hopefully I would be able to get in with the lottery, like I did this year, but you never know.

I've been taking it easy since the marathon, but tried to get back in the swing this week.

  • Saturday & Sunday was the Total Immersion workshop
  • Wednesday I went for a short (2 mile) run around the neighborhood
  • Thursday I went to the gym and did 20 minutes on the elliptycal, followed by the 30 minutes weight program at my gym
  • Saturday I did a little bit of weights, followed by swimming (mainly drills) for 45 minutes.

I'm glad I got back in the pool, but swimming was a little bit of a disappointment. At the workshop, we counted strokes across the pool, and I went from 20 strokes to 12 - a nice improvement. Last night I ranged from 17 - 22. What happened?

Also bought some new gear yesterday - new swimsuit (my only one was starting to get worse for wear), new swim cap (lycra doesn't pull my hair so much), and a cold weather running outfit. Could have worn that today . . . had I shown up for my race. Grrr.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving. Looks like Mom and I will be walking in the snow.

1 comment:

:) said...

Oops... :)