Sunday, November 20, 2005

Let the games begin!

I just got back from a great walk with my loyal dog. Granted, it's about 50 degrees, sunny, just about a perfect Fall day. I'll need to find something inside me to do this when it's as cold and grey and wet as only Pittsburgh can get.

Some observations:

Yes, Daughter, I'm starting from scratch. But it does feel amazingly good to sweat and huff and puff a little. Yep. Really. I'm feeling like a million bucks right now.

Dog may not be a long term partner. I certainly can't keep up with her in a sprint, but I might have to carry her home after 1/2 hour. She loves going with me. I'm not sure how to break it to her. The Greyhound has a tender heart.

I'm not sure about the blog. I like the idea of tracking my journey, but I really don't have all that much to say. Or not that much of interest to anyone else.

Wish me luck. The 'get more fit; lose weight' has been on my list of New Year's Resolutions for many years. This year, I'm going to do it!

1 comment:

MB said...

Yay! Good work, Mom. (On both the walk and figuring out how to post something)

Maybe the dog will get in better shape too!