Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Race on Saturday


On Saturday, I'm running a 4 Mile Holiday Race in Central Park. Looking forward to it!

I have run 2 other races at this distance. Here are my times:
- NYRR Snowflake (Feb 26). Net time = 43:36 , Pace/mile = 10:54
- Thomas G. Labrecque Classic (April 24). Net time = 42:58, Pace/mile = 10:44

Although I have not been doing much running for the past few weeks, I still feel that I am in better shape than I was back in the Spring. I want a new PR!

My goal is 40 minutes even, which would cut 3 minutes off my last time. It seems like I do 10 minute miles all the time, so this should be doable. Of course, I never seem to do 10 minute miles on race day . . . Anything under that is a total bonus and will call for a celebration!

My race day strategy:
- Wear my new windstopper pants and layers. And gloves!
- Find that balaclava thing I have somewhere to keep my neck warm.
- Bring kleenex!
- Keep running!

Saturday's forecast is partly cloudy, high 44/low 36. I've been a baby by not running in the cold, but this should not be too bad.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

I definitely recommend running with baklava!! :-)

Actually, sounds like it will stay fairly warm through the weekend... I hope! I have a half marathon Saturday!

:) said...

Good Luck!!!!

Cliff said...

I have a half baklava. It works great...I don't enjoy running in the cold but I enjoy running on the snow...(with my YakTrak on)...good luck on hitting that 10:00/mile.