Tuesday, December 13, 2005

On the Road

I've been doing a lot a travelling for work lately. Last week I went to Minneapolis and South Dakota. I've never been to Minneapolis before - I liked it. Sure, it was cold, but we stayed right downtown, and I like how they have a "Skyway" that connects all the building so you can walk, like 10 blocks, without going outside. I guess this makes life a lot easier when you live and work in a cold place. I was there for 3 days, so I got to see a little more than usual. It seems pretty cool. (Don't worry, Husband, I'm not campaigning for a move.)

South Dakota was like the North Pole. They had an ice storm recently, and all the roads still had black ice. I had to drive about 75 miles and everything was white - the sky, the snow, the road. It hurts your eyes. No thank you.

This week I'm in Seattle. One of my favorites. Staying at my regular hotel, and even went to the gym at 6:00 am. 30 minutes on the bike - my knee is still bothering me. The best thing about travelling to the West Coast is that I am finally a morning person!

I've noticed that French people pronounce it "See-tle". Kind of cute. Off to dinner!

No comments: