Sunday, December 11, 2005

Race Report: Joe Kleinerman 10K

Well, I can hardly believe it myself, but I hit a personal record today. Nice!

It's funny. I haven't done anything since my 4 mile race last Saturday. I got up late. I considered not going. Husband gave me a shove. I forgot to wear a watch. I stopped and went to the bathroom - during the race. My knees hurt worse than on marathon day.

I was travelling this week, and never even looked up my times for previous 10K races. I've run two; both were pretty lousy:

- June 11 - Circle of Friends 10K in Central Park. Net time was 1:17:33. It was one of those really hot, humid days. I remember that the humidity was killing me and I walked a lot. Anyway, my pace was 12:30/mile.

- September 17 - Mighty Hamptons Triathlon. Net time was 1:18:25. Pace was 12:39/mile - pretty much the same as my other 10K, even though I did it after a somewhat traumatic swim and a 23 mile bike ride.

Anyway, here are today's results (drum roll, please):

Net time: 1:14:41
Pace/mile: 12:02

So, I cut almost 3 minutes off my best time! Hey, I'd like to cut off another 15-20, but it a start. In a universe of sucky times, this one sucks least. Yay!

Seriously, I am pretty happy - and so glad I dragged myself uptown this morning.


1 comment:

Nancy Toby said...

Yay! WAY TO GO! Congratulations!