Friday, December 16, 2005

Registration Time - Message to Mom

My mother came to watch me do the NYC marathon last month. She was feeling "all inspired" and agreed to do a race with me. However, she has put off commitment to any kind of training schedule until after the first of the year. OK. Fine.

The More Marathon is a women only, 40+ only marathon and half marathon in Central Park on March 26, 2006. It's super-convenient for me, being here in NYC and all. Mom likes having an excuse to come see her daughter in the Big Apple for a weekend. What could be better?

I (being under 40) can only participate as part of a 2 woman team. Ahem. I think we all know who my partner is.

Well, now it's time to commit. Mom, you need to register here for both of us. Then we'll talk.

Tough love, my friends. Tough love.

1 comment:

Nancy Toby said...

Go Mom! You can do it!

Committing the $$ and putting it on the calendar in INK makes it a real commitment!!

Just increase your longest outing by one mile per week, and you're THERE at that finish line!!

Good luck!