Saturday, December 17, 2005

Races

I missed my race this morning. A 15K in Central Park. I have a wide variety of excuses. My knee has been bothering me since last weekend. I am fighting a cold. We were supposed to go to brunch with some friends. Ended up sleeping until 10:30 - very unusual for me; I am usually up around 7 even on the weekends.

But I like the races. Crossing the finish line makes me feel good. They usually motivate me to get up and at 'em on a chilly weekend morning. There are many running races in Central Park - very convenient. Triathlons are a little harder to find.

I just signed up for a ton of races in January and February. Coming soon:

January 8 - Fred Lebow Classic (5M)
January 22 - Frostbite 10-Mile
January 28 - Manhattan 20K
February 5 - Gridiron Classic 4M
February 25 - Al Gordon Snowflake 4-Mile

Of course, I would do a lot better in these races if I actually did more running in between them. So, I am about to go out for a run by the river.

Feeling Christmas-y today . . . .

2 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Sleeping in and going to brunch sounds good to me!!!

Cliff said...

So much races....gonna be a lot of fun.