Tuesday, September 13, 2005

must blog

Haven't blogged for a whole week. Unfortunately, I haven't done much working out, either.

The funny thing is, I have a lot to write about. My best friend's wedding was on Saturday. My birthday was on Sunday. The whole 9/11 thing, also on my mind.

I flew into town on Thursday night and tried to be a good bridesmaid by tying bows on anything I could, taking the bride out for a drink, and trying to get her to bed early. It was an awesome wedding and a good time was had by all.

I tried to plan ahead, training-wise, and planned to do a 12 mile run around a small lake near my parents house on Friday morning. It's only about 1.25 miles around the lake, so I was going to do 10 laps, or as much as I had time for. My plan was foiled by getting up late and bringing the dog. My parents have this very sweet greyhound who LOOOOVES when I take her for walks and gets all excited when I put on my running shoes. You would think that a greyhound would be a pretty good running partner, but she gets tired after about 2 minutes and keeps wanting to stop and pee. Anyway, we only made one lap around the lake, and I think I would have had to carry her for a 2nd. Oh well, I had to get to my mani/pedi, and various wedding preparations.

No time Saturday, which I expected. Hair, pictures, etc. Does wedding dancing to count as a workout? Sunday - also a bust, but a nice birthday.

Monday - brought gym clothes to work, but feeling totally exhausted. Walked home from the train station, about 1.5 miles, in an attempt to do something. More of the same today. I think I am fighting a cold - have a little sore throat and fell asleep twice on the train. Been eating a lot of cookies -- not good.

Big race on Sunday. Hurricane swell is coming up the coast. The swim should be interesting.

Now that I am back to blogging, maybe I'll start working out!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I never knew until a few months ago that grayhounds were such lazy dogs! You see them on TV all the time running around those tracks, but when they're pets all they do is sleep! I was pretty stunned.

Hope you're feeling better!

:) said...

Hah! I can just see you running with big ol' dog draped over your shoulders (the dog would be smiling of course)!

Get well soon and get back in the groove! You'll be back to normal soon!