Friday, August 05, 2005

goals, improvements

Today I added 2 new features to the sidebar: a weekly training schedule, and compounding mileage totals for the month. (Thanks for the idea, Flatman!) Although I usually lay out some kind of plan at the beginning of every week, I think this will be an even better reminder. Plus, I can brag about how much I ran/biked/swam for the month.

Can't brag yet. Although it is still pretty early in the month, I basically haven't done any running at all. So, although it is already the 5th of the month, here are some goals for August:

- Swim: 3500 meters (2.17 miles). That's 70 laps, or 140 lengths. A lot!
- Bike: 100 miles. Shouldn't be too bad - 25 miles a week seems quite reasonable.
- Run: 90 miles. This is actually taking it fairly easy, since my marathon training plan calls for 124.
- Other: 1000 crunches. I got the idea for adding this from another blog. I hate doing crunches, and unfortunately, it shows. I've also been having a little lower back soreness, and I think strengthening the abs will help. Plus, it would be pretty cool to have a six-pack.

IAlthough I started the blog in June, I started running in January. Really never did more than 2 miles on a treadmill before that. I have a separate paper running log, and running is the only thing I've really been keeping track of regulary. I just looked back at that out of curiosity. I kicked it up a notch when I got into the marathon:

Jan - 35 miles
Feb - 43
Mar - 35
April - 37
May - 39
June - 47
July - 61

One more improvement to my page. I added a link to conversion calculator because I can never calculate meters to miles in myhead, expecially for swimming. (Thanks Chivalry!). I can't remember where I got my coutdown clock, but I stole that from someone's blog too. Gotta love "view source".

Next week should actually be a good one for the books because I have my training camp on Monday & Tuesday. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Nancy Toby said...

Looks like you're doing some great training! Hey, see you at the NYC Marathon!!!! uh oh... only 88 days!?!???