Monday, August 15, 2005

out of town

I'm on a business trip. I ate a big steak, and had some wine to frink. I mean drink. My meeting starts tomorrow at 7:00 - how the heck am I supposed to exercise? Grrr.

This weekend I did OK. On Saturday, my body felt tired. I ran 8 miles instead of the 10 on the schedule. Later, I took a 2 hour nap. The humidity takes a lot out of me.

Sunday, I ran 4 miles in the morning, starting at 9 am. A reasoanble time, I feel; not the crack of dawn, but early enough to beat the heat, right? While I was running, I was thinking about how the humidity just wraps around me like a blanket. Or a shroud. Or chains around my ankles. The humidity makes me sweat a lot and drains my energy. It's like running through soup. With a mild smell of low tide.

Sunday afternoon, Husband and I went to the swimming beach again. The water = cold. 60ish degrees. Maybe it's because I was tired when I started, but I got very cold and short of breath almost immediately. Also, there was a lot of swell, and birds picking fish out of the water, right by my head, which creeped me out. And I forgot my goggles. Right. So, I didn't last long in the water.

Later Sunday afternoon. We went biking. Unfortunately, that also kind of sucked, because we got separated and I briefly considered throwing my bike off a cliff into the ocean. I am over that now.

Weekend tally = swim: 250m?, bike: 10 miles, run: 12. Whatever.

No comments: