Saturday, August 20, 2005

I'm back!

Finally, I got back out there. I got back from my trip after midnight on Thursday night. And, although I brought my workout gear, it never left my suitcase, and I did NO exercise (a little stretching and that's it) Monday - Thursday. I was feeling a little under the weather and just never found the time. I felt like I gained 5 pounds when I got back.

On Friday, I snuck out of work a little early and was home by 6:15. I was out for a short run by 6:40. I just went around the little park in my neighborhood, but it was so nice. The temperature was around 75 and kept getting cooler. On my 2nd lap around the park, it started to sprinkle. But I would not be stopped by a little rain. (Luckily I was wearing a dark shirt). The rain increased steadily, and by the 6th and 7th lap, I pretty much had the place to myself and was getting soaked. Did the 8th lap and came home, feeling triumphant.

Came home, had some dinner with Husband, and hit the road for the long drive to Montauk. Back in our NY groove.

No comments: