Friday, August 12, 2005

training schedule

Husband and I went to the pool last night. It's always hard to break out of post-work inertia on the couch, but I always feel better after I go. At the camp, we were told to, "Be your own swim coach", and I am trying hard to get better.

I've been reading Total Immersion and I watched the SwimPower DVD before I left. Did some drills to work on my stroke: 100 of side, 100 of one-arm, 100 of catch-up and 100 of the fist drill. THEN I did10 x 50 of freestyle. Usually I alternate drills with freestyle, and end up losing track of the total, and counting some of the drills. I AM getting better, but still have a long way to go. I am just not a natural swimmer. Am I a natural anything? Sigh.

I've been looking at the Half-Ironman training plan, and comparing with my actual totals and goals. Basically, I have been setting the bar too low. I should try to double my swimming, and increase my biking by 50%. Training schedule for this weekend is:

Saturday: Bike 3.5 hours + Run 30 minutes
Sunday: Run 1.75 hours

Damn! Well, I'll see what I can do.

No comments: