Thursday, August 11, 2005

new gear


I had some serious gear-envy at the camp. Here is my shopping list:
  • First and foremost, a decent road bike - $600-900. Maybe I will also check out ebay for this.
  • Aero bars – maybe I will skip this until next year
  • New bike computer – could skip this, if I move my computer off the mountain bike on to the new bike.
  • Bike shorts – I only have 2 pair, another would come in handy and ensure even laundering
  • Swimsuit – I like my suit, but I only have one for serious swimming, and the lining got torn up in the drying machine at the gym. It's not obscene yet, but could be headed that way.
  • Running shorts – I only have a few pair in good “quick-dry” fabrics, and only one of those has good zippered pockets.
  • Socks – always searching for one more pair of cool-max socks

Shoes are ok for now. I rotate 2 good pairs, so I think that will take me right through the marathon. Definitely looking at $1200+ here, and these are just the bare necessities. I also have my eye on one of those GPS things (look away!). Oh well.

Tonight, Husband and I are planning to swim together. This is good, and I am looking forward to practicing some of the drills I learned in my class and that I've been reading about in Total Immersion. But I'm supposed to run 5 miles today according to my marathon schedule. So maybe I'll get to the gym earlier than Husband, run on the treadmill, take a shower, and hop in the pool. He may have to work late anyway. I guess that's a plan.

The picture is the one that will be on the NYC marathon t-shirts. We got to vote on several designs. I like how it matches my blog.

No comments: